Monday, November 11, 2013

I Wish I Had Said That!: Doris Kearns Goodwin Edition

The great Doris Kearns Goodwin on Meet the Press yesterday, talking to one of my favorite journalists, Joe Scarborough:
But here's what's sad, Joe. I mean what's sad to me is, for two weeks, on the one hand, the Democrats are saying, "Hooray!" 'cause the Republicans screwed up the government shutdown, right? And they're feeling, "This is good for us." Now the Republicans are saying, "Hooray! Obama screwed up the rollout of Obamacare."
. . . People were hurt by the government shutdown. They're being hurt by the rollout being screwed up. What's happening to our country when that's what we're feeling, the cheering for the failing of the other side?
What a great point! Because these two things are exactly the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment